Hays Twister 3/4 Race performance torque converters are intended for street/strip combinations, with various stall speed offerings to accommodate any mixture of modifications including higher compression ratios, aftermarket camshafts, aftermarket cylinder heads and lower gear ratios. The Twister 3/4 Race torque converter perfectly describes a converter suited for an application just shy of a Full Race converter.
- 3/4 Race series converters are built, tested, and proven to support up to 650 HP
- State of the art Spray Welding process is used in select areas. Spray Welding provides clean, strong and consistent fusion while also increasing strength through hardening from higher process temperature
- Each converter is hand-built and inspected in every step of assembly to ensure top of the line quality
- All HAYS converters are internally welded compared to brazing. Testing has shown welding provides longer converter life while also enhancing consistency
- Heavy duty Torrington bearings are used for greater strength and durability
- Stators are chosen with high flow vents and channels to promote cooling in heat producing higher horsepower applications
- Increased horsepower and acceleration due to a weight saving, one application design vs a multi-bolt pattern converter.
|Crank Pilot Diameter||1.703″|
|Use with Power Adder||No|
|Use with Trans-Brake||No|
Warning: The 3/4 RACE series converters are NOT designed to be used with Nitrous Oxide or with a trans-brake.
Note: An external transmission cooler is recommended for all Hays Twister 3/4 Race Converters with a minimum size of 18,000 GVW or 15,000 BTU rating
Note: Actual stall ranges will vary depending on engine set-up, weight of vehicle and gear ratio.