The Street Pro-Billet is a popular route for people looking for proven race performance for their street cars. A vacuum advance canister provides economy and the proven MSD mechanical advance gives you the opportunity to dial-in a timing curve to fit your needs.
The Street Pro-Billet distributor utilizes an oversized steel shaft that is QPQ-coated for low friction and rides in a sealed ball bearing at the top of the distributor with an extra-long sintered bushing at the bottom. This combination keeps the shaft steady creating accurate spark delivery at any rpm. The Street Pro-Billet relies on a magnetic pick-up to trigger the MSD Ignition Control which delivers the powerful sparks to the coil. This pick-up is extremely accurate and never needs adjusting.
- Designed for street/performance use with a mechanical and vacuum advance
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- Vacuum advance canister for improved economy (can be locked out)
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the RPM range
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from chrome-moly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Advance weight pins are staked and TIG welded to the plate
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Special oil tract improves lubrication to the distributor and cam gear
- O-ring seals can be added to modified cylinder blocks to improve oil pressure control
- Supplied with an HEI style distributor cap and rotor (accepts Cap-A-Dapts)
- Must be used with an MSD ignition control
- CARB E.O. Approved, D-40-26
Must be used with an MSD 6, 7, 8 or 10 Series ignition or equivalent.